Perforce XML Server
An XML server for Perforce data
P4XML provides a Perforce interface to rich internet applications by giving them a way to make Perforce queries and receive well formatted XML in return. P4XML is intended as a read-only Perforce interface at this time, but could easily be extended to allow an RIA to make changes to the Perforce server.
ChangesGUI.mxml is the source for a simple Flex GUI that uses the P4XML server. It's not super exciting, but it gives an idea of how P4XML can be used.
Copyright (c) 2008, Matt Attaway
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Perforce Public Depot nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Change 7151 matt_attaway@matt_attaway-mac-matt
- Fix platform issue
- Change 6234 matt_attaway@matt-mercutio-p4xml
- Add more input validation. I wouldn't run this on an external network,
but it seems safe enough for intranet usage.
- Change 6232 matt_attaway@matt-mercutio-p4xml
- Start adding in more variable verification.
- Change 6230 matt_attaway@matt-mercutio-p4xml
- Add support for 'p4 monitor' and expand the tagged output
parser to take a paramter for the main tag name.
- Change 6181 matt_attaway@matt_attaway-mercutio
- Add support for all specs except groups.
Groups has odd output, it's going to need a custom parser.